Kiwanis Objectives and Mission
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships
- To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business and professional standards
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship
- To provide, through Kiwanis Clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will
Townsend Foothills Kiwanis Efforts
Your donations are greatly appreciated.
Please make check payable to:
Townsend Foothills Kiwanis
P. O Box 10
Townsend, TN 37882
- Pancake Breakfasts at local camp grounds
- Christmas Wreath Sales
- Townsend Elementary School
- Walland Elementary School
- Hearts and Hands Scholarship Fund
- Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center
Our Ongoing Projects:
- BUG – Bringing Up Grades – Townsend and Walland Elementary Schools
- The “BUG” program, spear-headed by Sandy Headrick, is given twice a year to recognize the students who have improved their grade(s) since the previous marking period. They are invited to enjoy a snack and receive a “bug” along with a cookie and drink. Usually the school’s principal has a few words of recognition and encouragement for continued progress.
- K-Kids – Townsend Elementary School
- The K-Kids program is lead by Andy Jones. It is similar to a club where the students elect their officers and work on fund raising projects for their school.
- Outdoor Classroom – Townsend Elementary School
Join us at our next meeting!
Where we meet....
Wild Laurel Golf Course, 702 Country Club Dr, Townsend, TN 37882
Time of our meetings...
We meet at noon for one hour every second and fourth Wednesday. Enjoy great fellowship!
Our membership year is Oct 1 – Sept 30, but you can join anytime.